Time is precious in the mornings and the quickest breakfast options usually involve grabbing something unhealthy or food that has little, if any, of the nutritional content you need.
Upgrade your breakfast this winter by trying this protein packed overnight oats recipe for brekkie.
5 mins prep time the night before and you’re all set in the morning.
- 40g Porridge Oats
- 1 scoop Whey Protein (Choc or Vanilla)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Blueberries
- ½ cup Sliced Peaches
- ½ Banana
- In a bowl or protein shaker combine oats, protein powder, ground flax, cinnamon.
- Add in mashed banana, berries, and peaches.
- Pour in almond milk, and mix ingredients together.
- Place in the fridge and leave overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, heat on the stove top or in the microwave, or enjoy cold.
- If you find the mixture is too thick in the morning just add in some extra almond milk.
Calories - 503kcal
Protein – 32g
Fat – 13g
Carbs – 69g
Fiber – 8g
A question we always get asked is "Should I eat breakfast before or after the gym?"
Click here for our advice and for some more quick and simple breakfast ideas.